Everest Region has the most fascinating trekking trails in Nepal because it is home to the world’s highest peak in the world, Mount Everest. Accompanying this majestic peak are other towering peaks such as Makalu, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Amadablam and Shishapangma. The region lies in the eastern Nepal and within the Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Trekking in the Everest region often calls for a pilgrimage adventure that is filled with mountainous landscapes and biodiversity of the Himalayas. Since 1976, Sagarmatha National Park has been a sanctuary to 118 species of birds and 26 species of butterflies. Travelers may encounter a plethora of wildlife such as the Himalayan Thar, musk deer, ghoral, pika (mouse hare), weasel, leopards and snow leopards, and rare butterflies in their journey. A clear blue sky always invite predators like golden eagles and lammergeyers, and other birds including the Himalayan griffons, snow partridges and the skylarks to soar and hunt for food. Sometimes, lucky trekkers may see the beautiful danphe or munal (the national bird of Nepal) flying in between the mountainous shrubs and plant.
Your journey usually includes traversing the forests of scattered pines and blooming rhododendrons surrounding terraced farmland of rice plantation to juniper shrubs and sparse vegetation of alpine shrubs and grasses as you ascend to a higher elevation in the mountains. At most times, you can explore an exciting journey through charming villages that showcases gigantic mountains from a distant while being close to colorful prayer flags that are tied up along the route. You can mingle with the villagers and experience their local culture and hospitality that would touched your heart as you interacts with them. Therefore, trekking in this region really lets you experience the beauty of the Himalayas, it's mountain ranges, the lush greenery, blooming rhododendron forests, beautiful monasteries, tranquility of rivers and glaciers while you immerse yourself into the lifestyles of the local people.
While Everest isn’t as heavily trekked as in Annapurna, this trekking destination offers a promising adventure because of it high mountains, deep glaciers and rocky mountains, picturesque landscapes, rocky terrains, and some interesting deep valleys. As this region can be extremely cold during winter, one has to be very careful and be prepared to mitigate problems due to hypothermia or altitude mountain sickness.
- Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tours to Everest Base Camp flies towards the eastern part ...1 DayseasyUS$10000
- Chiwong Mani Rimdu festival starts on the full moon of October. journey to the remote ...13 DaysmoderateUS$1350
- Jumbesi village in past years Although the people were migrated there is one species festival ...10 DayseasyOn Request
- The Mani Rimdu Festival is a colorful occasion that takes place in the most spectacular ...13 Daysmoderate1350
- Everest Panorama trekking is a short trekking to Everest Region is one of the popular ...10 DaysmoderateUS1280
- Except for stunning mountain views, this adventurous trekking offers the Sherpa’s hospitality, flora, and faunas ...13 daysmoderateUS$1370
- Pikey Peak has an elevation of 4,100m and is a newly discovered trek in the ...9 DaysmoderateUS$850
- Everest Base Camp in Nepal is among the most famous treks in the world and ...14 DaysmoderateUS$1370